Beta Marine has considerable experience from over twenty years of manufacturing marine generating sets for different applications: “Wide Beam” canal boats, passenger ferries, cargo boats, fast patrol boats, sailing yachts, barges, fishing boats, trawlers, tugs, commercial vessels and “super yachts”.
The development of these generating sets has resulted in our standard range of marine generating sets based on Kubota diesel engines from 3.7kVA up to 50kVA; and we can also build to individual specifications.
We can supply most electrical voltages and frequencies from 230 volt single phase; 415 volt 3 Phase; or any other normal electrical requirement - 50Hz at both 1500, 3000 rev/min, or 60Hz at 1,800 and 3,600 rev/min.
|Max. kVA Output 4 Pole @ 1,500 rpm 0.8PF||Engine Model||Lloyds Register
| BetaSet Model
|1 Phase||3 Phase|
|Max. kVA Output 2 Pole @ 3,000 rpm 0.8PF||Engine Model||Lloyds Register
|1 Phase||3 Phase|
Having a maximum Rated Output as detailed; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising:
• Powered by a Beta Marine water cooled ‘Kubota’ marine specification heat exchanger cooled auxiliary diesel engine naturally aspirated and rated at either 1,500 or 3,000 rev/min for operation in accordance with ISO 3046.
• Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle and phosphor bronze end caps and anode, with fresh and sea water pumps.
• Water cooled exhaust manifolds and water injection exhaust bend.
• 12 volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve, 2 wire grounded system (insulated return is standard on BetaSet 26, 33, 40 and 49).
• Combined start/stop, alarm and protection module is supplied loose with 3 metres of connection cable. Module includes: Starting and Stopping push buttons, an hours run meter, and indicators with shutdown on fault of low lubricating oil pressure and high coolant temperature.
• Speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
• Beta Marine standard fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters. Engine mounted sump drain pump.
• Mecc Alte alternator marine rated to ISO standard, brushless, self ventilated with IP 23 protection, single bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator, fully suitable for use in engine room environments of 45°C.
• Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on substantial steel feet with marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
• Paint: Beta Red for heat exchanger cooling or Dark Brunswick Green for keel cooling.
• Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA023.
• Warranty: 12 months from date of commissioning or 18 months from date of despatch – which ever comes first.
• Keel /box cooling versions are available and alternative specifications and requirements can be quoted on request.
|Steel base frame|
|Water inlet kit including seacock and pipe|
Wet exhaust silencer 50mm & 3 metre hose kit
Dry exhaust outlet including exhaust elbow and flexible stainless steel bellows section in lieu of water injection bend
12 Volt starter battery 120Ah and 1 metre battery leads (up to BetaSet 33)
|70 Amp insulated battery charging alternator and fully insulated return DC electrics. (Included as standard on BetaSet 26, 33, 40, & 49). (Not available on BetaSet 4/2 & 6/2)|
|Remote control: “RSM” push button start module and hour meter supplied for local installation and “LPM” push button start module supplied for remote installation, (in lieu of standard start modules) with module for speed sensing installed in generator terminal box and pre-wired by Beta Marine Ltd|
|Extension cable, either for start module or between remote modules, per metre|
|3 Metres of flexible ducting for cooling air outlet x 125mm diameter|
|Alternator drive belt guard (front end). Required for Lloyds specification
|Double walled (sheathed) fuel injection pipes, required for Lloyds specification|
|Flexible fuel hoses, flame retardant type with class ‘type’ approved material, required for Lloyds specification|
For ‘Lloyds Register Witness Test’ of complete generating set in our factory. This is witness test only with type approved engine, not full class survey
|Packing Case for BetaSet models|
• Please note that on the BetaSet 26, 33, 40 & 49 are supplied with insulated electrics, the control module has key start/stop and a mandatory hour meter is also supplied loose, except remote control option.
• For operation in Ship’s engine room at 45°C ambient the outputs should be de-rated: 8% for naturally aspirated engines, 11% for turbocharged engines.
• The BetaSet 4/2 and 6/2 are unity power factor machines.
• A copy of the ‘Lloyds Register Design Appraisal document’ can be supplied free of charge.
• 60Hz versions are available, ratings and prices will be provided on request.
• We reserve the right to change specifications without notice. All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our current “General Terms of Tender and Sale”.