Our standard specification includes Cummins heat exchanger cooled marine engines. We can also offer Cummins keel / hull cooling or radiator cooled engines as an option – please ask for a quotation. We include Mecc Alte ‘marine rated’ generators, Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technologies) generators are offered as an option.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8PF|
|50Hz - 1,500 rpm||60Hz - 1,800 rpm||Genset Model|
Fully classifiable specification suitable for survey including, duplex change over fuel filters and flexible fuel connections for inlet and return, fire retardant and ‘type’ approved. Double walled (sheathed) fuel injector pipes on D5 & D7; these are not required on the other models with unit injectors. D9, D12 and D16 also include switchable lubricating oil filters and EIAPP Certificate. Ratings are based on Class ‘F’ temperature rise in marine unrestricted ambient conditions.
Beta Marine - Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8P.F., with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising:
• Powered by a Cummins Marine specification heat exchanger cooled marine auxiliary diesel engine and rated for continuous operation in accordance with ISO 3046.
• Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with fresh and sea water pumps. Water cooled exhaust manifold (except 6CT).
• Exhaust elbow and flanged flexible bellows section.
• 24 volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Fully insulated return marine system.
• Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel engine mounted and pre-wired to engine components and including: start/stop keyswitch, oil pressure gauge, coolant temperature gauge, tachometer/hours run meter, shutdown on low lubricating oil pressure, high coolant temperature, and overspeed; indicator lamps for faults and power on, provision for connection of customers remote emergency stop.
• Speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
• Cummins standard fuel oil and lubricating oil filters. Flexible fuel connections
• Lubricating oil cooler and sump drain pump.
• Dry type combustion air inlet filter.
• Mecc Alte Marine generator, marine rated to ISO standard, ventilated drip proof enclosure with IP 23 protection, single bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator.
• Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on a welded steel baseplate.
• Marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
• Paint: Cummins white. Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. (On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046).
• Engine options: Alternative engine cooling options - keel cooling, or radiator cooling with mounted radiator and engine driven fan, (radiator cooled output is slightly derated due to power absorbed by fan). Alternative means of engine starting and a second means of starting. Starter batteries. Dry exhaust silencer. Spark arrestor exhaust silencer. Fuel/water separators. Duplex changeover fuel filters with inlet hose. Double skinned (sheathed) high pressure fuel injection pipes (these are not included in the standard specification, and not required on QSM, VTA or KTA models).
• Alternator options: Anti condensation heaters, droop kit 3 phase sensing etc.
• Generating set options: 2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive and torsional vibration analysis. Extra alarm switches for UMS operation. Parallel operation. Automatic mains failure equipment. Extended control panels. Mains output panels etc..
• Generating sets manufactured to Class: Lloyds Register, Det Norske Veritas, Bureau Veritas, American Bureau of Shipping, Germanischer Lloyd (not QSM11), RINA, etc.
• Export packing and FOB UK port.
• All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our 'General Terms of Tender and Sale'.
|Duplex change-over fuel filters and ‘type’ approved fuel inlet hose|
|Flexible fuel hoses (class approved type)|
|Double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes with collecting manifold and alarm switch,
normally now required for all classified sets to meet SOLAS. (Not required on QSM and above).
|24 Volt lead-acid battery (2 blocks) with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate|
|Alarm switches to meet UMS, EO, AUT-MS requirements for engine systems|
|Parallel operation, engine prepared for governor speed control and droop circuit current transformer installed in generator|
|Anti condensation heater in generator (1 phase AC)|
|Jacket water heater (1 phase AC)|
|2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive|
|Torsional calculations for submission to class, excluding the fees charged by class which, if applicable will be passed on at cost|
|Air motor starting (in lieu of standard electric) including, start valve and flexible air inlet hose (approved type).
The starter accepts air at 10 Bar maximum
|Second means of start - Hand wound spring inertia start or Hydraulic start|
|Automatic control panel for remote control either by customers mains failure control or remote volt free contact.
Automatic engine controller already included in standard panel
|Exhaust Silencers on flanged type includes joints and mating flanges (but not fixings) - Dry type or Dry arrestor type|
|Class survey fees, for guidance allow 15%.
Any additional charges for approvals of drawings or calculations by class society will be passed on ‘at-cost’
AC output panels and circuit breakers, not normally supplied on marine sets as these items usually form part of the separate ships switchboard, however we offer as follows:
|Export packing and delivery FOB UK Port|
Notes: Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45°C. Frame sizes may alter to meet required voltage / frequency.