Our standard specification includes marine heat exchanger cooled Beta-Perkins engines. We can also offer both keel / hull cooled engines or radiator cooled engines at the same price. We include Mecc Alte ‘marine rated’ generators, Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technologies) generators can be offered at an extra price.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8PF|
|50Hz - 1,500 rpm||60Hz - 1,800 rpm||Genset Model|
|kVA Rating Single Phase @ 0.8PF|
|50Hz - 1,500 rpm||60Hz - 1,800 rpm||Genset Model|
Beta Marine - Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8P.F., with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising::
• Powered by a Beta-Perkins marine specification heat exchanger cooled auxiliary diesel engine and rated for continuous operation in accordance with ISO 3046.
• Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with fresh and sea water pumps, including integral lubricating oil cooler and sump drain pump.
• Dry shielded exhaust manifold with dry exhaust stub and flexible bellows section.
• 12 volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Marine type insulated return.
• Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel engine mounted and pre-wired to engine components and including: start/stop keyswitch, oil pressure gauge, coolant temperature gauge, tachometer/hours run meter, shutdown on low lubricating oil pressure, high coolant temperature, and overspeed; indicator lamps for faults and power on, provision for connection of customers remote emergency stop.
• Speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
• Perkins standard fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters. Fuel/water separator. Flexible fuel connections
• Mecc Alte alternator marine rated to ISO standard, 4 pole, brushless, self ventilated with IP 23 protection, single bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator, fully suitable for use in engine room environments of 45°C.
• Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on a combined welded steel baseplate.
• Marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
• Paint: Beta-Perkins Blue and black.
• Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. (On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046).
• Engine options: Alternative engine cooling options - keel cooling, or radiator cooling with mounted radiator and engine driven fan, (radiator cooled output is slightly derated due to power absorbed by fan). 24 Volt electric starting. Starter batteries. Dry exhaust silencer. Spark arrestor exhaust silencer. Duplex changeover fuel filters with inlet hose. Double skinned (sheathed) high pressure fuel injection pipes are not available with these engines.
• Alternator options: Anti condensation heaters, droop kit, 3 phase sensing etc.
• Generating set options: 2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive. Automatic mains failure equipment. Extended control panels. Mains output panels etc.
• Export packing and FOB UK port.
• All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our 'General Terms of Tender and Sale'.
|Duplex change-over fuel filters with fuel/water separator cartridges|
|Flexible fuel hoses (Approved type)|
|Double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes with collecting manifold alarm switch,
normally now required for all classified sets to meet SOLAS.
|Lead-acid battery with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate - 12 Volt or 24 Volt|
|24 Volt electric starting in lieu of 12 Volt|
|Parallel operation, governor programmed to accept speed raise and lower signals
plus droop circuit CT in alternator and voltage trimpot supplied loose
|Anti condensation heater in generator (1 phase AC)|
|Jacket water heater (1 phase AC)|
|2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive|
|Torsional calculations for submission to class, excluding the fees charged by class which, if applicable will be passed on at cost|
|Second means of start - Hand wound spring inertia start|
|Automatic control panel for remote control either by customers mains failure control or remote volt free contact
|Exhaust Silencers on flanged type includes joints and mating flanges (but not fixings) - Dry type or Dry arrestor type|
|Class survey fees, for guidance allow 15%.
Any additional charges for approvals of drawings or calculations by class society will be passed on ‘at-cost’
AC output panels and circuit breakers, not normally supplied on marine sets as these items usually form part of the separate ships switchboard, however we offer as follows:
|Export packing and delivery FOB UK Port|
Notes: Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45°C. Frame sizes may alter to meet required voltage / frequency.