Our standard specification includes marine heat exchanger cooled Scania engines with fully classifiable specification. Keel / hull cooling is also available - prices on request (marine radiator cooled engines are not available from Scania). We include Mecc Alte ‘marine rated’ alternators. Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technologies) alternators are offered as an option.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8PF|
|50Hz - 1,500 rpm||60Hz - 1,800 rpm||Genset Model|
|210||242||DI12 62 10.40E|
|230||250||DI12 62 10.40E|
|276||295||DI12 62 10.40F|
|322||328||DI12 62 10.40G|
|362||385||DI12 62 10.40H|
|440||465||DI12 62 10.40L|
|425||470||DI16 55M 10.66E|
|495||545||DI16 55M 10.66F|
|523||580||DI16 55M 10.66G|
Fully classifiable specification suitable for survey including, duplex change over fuel filters and flexible fuel connections for inlet and return, fire retardant and ‘type’ approved. (Double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes are not required as engines have unit injectors). UMS specifications, etc. are extra as listed below. All engines are IMO/Tier II emission compliant.
Beta Marine - Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8P.F., with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising:
• Powered by a Scania marine specification heat exchanger cooled auxiliary diesel engine and rated for continuous operation in accordance with ISO 3046. Fully classifiable specification suitable for survey including: duplex change over fuel filters and flexible fuel connections for inlet and return (fire retardant and ‘type’ approved). (Double skinned/sheathed fuel injection pipes are not required as engines have unit injectors).
• Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with fresh and sea water pumps, including lubricating oil cooler and sump drain pump.
• Water cooled exhaust manifolds with exhaust elbow and flexible bellows section.
• 24 Volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Marine type insulated return.
• Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel engine mounted and pre-wired to engine components and including: Marine approved modular engine controller to monitor all engine parameters with start and stop push buttons. A screen enables direct readings of oil pressure, jacket water temperature and provides engine status information. The module provides auto shutdown on fault and gives the possibility for signal outputs to ship system.
• Speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
• Scania standard fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters.
• Mecc Alte alternator marine rated to ISO standard, 4 pole, brushless, self ventilated with IP 23 protection, two bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator, fully suitable for use in engine room environments of 45°C.
• Engine and generator are close coupled together with flexible coupling and mounted on a combined welded steel baseplate.
• Marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
• Paint: Scania colours.
• Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. (On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046).
• Engine options: Alternative keel cooling option (marine radiator cooling is not available from Scania). Alternative means of starting and a second means of starting. Starter batteries. Dry exhaust silencer. Spark arrestor exhaust silencer. Water injection exhaust elbow for wet system. Fuel/water separators.
• Alternator options: Anti condensation heaters, droop kit, 3 phase sensing etc.
• Generating set options: Extra alarm switches for UMS operation. Parallel operation. Automatic mains failure equipment. Extended control panels. Mains output panels etc.
• Generating sets manufactured to Class: Lloyds Register, Det Norske Veritas, Bureau Veritas, American Bureau of Shipping, Germanischer Lloyd, RINA, etc.
• Export packing and FOB UK port.
• All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our 'General Terms of Tender and Sale'.
|24 Volt lead-acid battery (2 blocks) with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate|
|Alarm switches to meet UMS, EO, AUT-MS requirements for engine systems|
|Parallel operation, including auto genset controller, etc|
|Anti condensation heater in generator (1 phase AC)|
|Jacket water heater (1 phase AC)|
|2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive|
|Torsional calculations for submission to class, excluding the fees charged by class which, if applicable will be passed on at cost|
|Air motor starting (in lieu of standard electric) including, start valve and flexible air inlet hose (approved type).
The starter accepts air at 10 Bar maximum
|Second means of start NOT available. Two battery system (SOLAS compliant) can be offered|
|Automatic control panel for remote control either by customers mains failure control or remote volt free contact.
Automatic engine controller already included in standard panel
|Exhaust Silencers on flanged type includes joints and mating flanges (but not fixings) - Dry type or Dry arrestor type|
|Class survey fees, for guidance allow 15%.
Any additional charges for approvals of drawings or calculations by class society will be passed on ‘at-cost’
|Export packing and delivery FOB UK Port|
Notes: Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45°C. Frame sizes may alter to meet required voltage / frequency.